During this year our students from fourth grade have read English books; this has been a great experience for everyone; however for the ones who still doubt and ask how important books are I can tell you this: books play a significant role, they can give joy and knowledge to students. Books take them into a unique world of imagination and make them improve their standard of living. Have you seen that books inspire to do hard work with courage and hope? Reading a book is more than learning vocabulary or reading better, here is a list of the benefits shared by The National Children's Book and Literacy Allience that your children can get from reading.
- Books entertain and offer a great escape. They make us laugh and giggle. They make us cry.
- Books are great companions. You are never alone when you have a book to read.
- Books provide the opportunity to share cultural experiences. When kids read the same book, enjoying a common reading experience, peer bonds are built within a generation. When children, parents, and grandparents share classic books, extended familiar and community bonds are formed creating a shared frame of reference.
- Books develop and nourish kids’ imaginations, expanding their worlds. Picture books introduce young children to the world of art and literature. Novels and nonfiction books stimulate kids’ sensory awareness, helping kids to see, hear, taste, feel, and smell on an imagined level. Books inform our imaginations, inspiring creativity.
- Books develop critical thinking skills. A book is read by an individual. It has no laugh track or musical score that emotionally primes a reader’s reaction. You, yourself, decide what you think about a book and its contents with no one leaning over your shoulder telling you how to think.
It is a pleasure to show the images of fourth graders of Andes International School sharing their stories that definitively took them to different adventures or ways to think. Do not miss the opportunity to buy a book and give it to your child, she/he will read and find a fantastic world!